"An ancient mine that's been lost for hundreds of years. Drops ore that doubles in size after 30 seconds, quadrupling the ore's value, no matter what it's at.
After 30 seconds, the ore dropped by this is quadrupled in value and doubled in size. This is an incredibly useful and interesting mechanic, but it causes clogs when a teleporter or an Ore Replicator system is in a setup that uses this mine.
'Ol Faithful is useful from beginning to the pre-end game. Unlike several mines its level, it DOES work on cell furnaces, which makes it useful on Cell Furnaces like Sacrificial Cell, Nature's Grip & Dreamer's Anguish.
- Ores from this mine copied by an Ore Replicator will not grow.
- The ores also won't grow if the mine itself has been removed from the base.
- This mine can be noticed as being similar to a Basic Iron Mine but with miscellaneous gears and pumps on its sides and back. The dropper is so low that it cannot be attached with an Ore Replicator.
- 'Ol Faithful was the 1st of 9 mines with a special effect, the others being Noobite Mine,Santa's Workshop,Wubium Mine, Scorpium Mine, Symmetrium Mine, Autumn Breeze, Hades' Fang & the Spooklord-95,000.
- There's a glitch with the 'Ol Faithful where it can spit ores that have already grown bigger. This glitch is caused by the dropper being blocked off and the ore happily staying inside Ol' Faithful and then proceed to pop out the top of the dropper whilst the ores are in "Bigger" mode. The best way to do this is to put it next to a Nature's Grip, as the sides of nature's grip will block the ore off, and it will appear on the top of the dropper and slide into the cell furnace.
- The 'Ol Faithful is one of the few mines that doesn't have the word "Mine" beside it. Others include Breech Loader, Santa's Workshop, Spooklord-95,000, Spookmaster-5000, Hades' Fang, Autumn Breeze, and Diamond Breech Loader.
- The 'Ol Faithful can drop ores directly into a Big Bertha.
- This was one of the first vintage items to be added along with the Ore Quasar.
- When the ore grows, it can get upgraded by a Morning Star or a Neutron Star without the need of a Conveyor Ramp, Ore Cannon, or an Ore Transistor / Alien Relic.
- The ore can be transformed into steel ore using the Steel Refinery.
- Ores from the 'Ol Faithful are highly blast resistant, making it useful for Big Bad Blaster loops.