"An ancient mine that's been lost for hundreds of years. Drops ore that doubles in size after 30 seconds, quadrupling the ore's value, no matter what it's at.
After 30 seconds, the ore dropped by this is quadrupled in value and doubled in size. This is an incredibly useful and interesting mechanic, but it causes clogs when a teleporter or an Ore Replicator system is in a setup that uses this mine.
- Ores from this mine copied by an Ore Replicator will not grow.
- This mine can be noticed as being similar to a Basic Iron Mine but with miscellaneous gears and pumps on its sides and back. The dropper is so low that it cannot be attached with an Ore Replicator.
- 'Ol Faithful was the 1st of 9 mines with a special effect. The 2nd being Noobite Mine, the 3rd being Santa's Workshop, the 4th being Wubium Mine, the 5th being Scorpium Mine, the 6th being Symmetrium Mine, the 7th being Autumn Breeze, the 8th being Hades' Fang, and the 9th being Spooklord-95,000.
- There's a glitch with the 'Ol Faithful where it can spit ores that have already grown bigger. This glitch is caused by the dropper being blocked off and the ore happily staying inside Ol' Faithful and then proceed to pop out the top of the dropper whilst the ores are in "Bigger" mode. The best way to do this is to put it next to a Nature's Grip, as the sides of nature's grip will block the ore off, and it will appear on the top of the dropper and slide into the cell furnace.
- The 'Ol Faithful is one of the 7 mines that doesn't have the word "Mine" beside it. The other 6 being Breech Loader, Santa's Workshop, Spooklord-95,000, Spookmaster-5000, Hades' Fang and Autumn Breeze.
- The 'Ol Faithful can drop ores directly into a Big Bertha.
- This was one of the first vintage items to be added along with the Ore Quasar.
- When the ore grows, it can get upgraded by a Morning Star without the need of a Conveyor Ramp, Ore Cannon, or an Ore Transistor / Alien Relic.