"This strange alien relic now powers a unique upgrader which seems to de-age ore."
The Alien Relic is a Contraband-tier item sold by the Masked Man. This item (along with the Chemical Refiner) was released on June 2, 2016. This item was first sold on June 3rd, 2016 from the Masked Man. It is not reborn proof and is most recommended for players on their 1st life. It can however also be used in True Overlord Device setups if one's setup is lacking in power.
- Using the upgrader followed by a Big Bertha will allow for a safe way to launch ores into the upgrader without fail, similar to the Ore Transistor as it has high conveyor speed.
- When the Alien Relic was released, the conveyor was inbetween 2 units instead of being aligned with 1, disallowing ores from entering. The upgrade beams were also collidable. These 2 building mistakes were patched in the Miner's Haven's birthday update.
- Alien Relic is one of few way-up-high upgraders to be bigger than 2x2 units. Other examples include the Ore Transistor, The Beehive, and the Diamond Egg. This was how the Alien Relic was fixed as it's conveyor now aligns with the Large Conveyor Ramp.
- The Alien Relic doesn't count as an upgrader. In fact, it subtracts the number of upgrades by one, allowing for ore to pass through this and another upgrader and still be accepted by any cell furnace.
- Tesla Resetter does not count as an upgrade either, allowing an ore to have negative 2 upgrades.