"A relic from the Progressive Era, Big Bertha promises a whopping x12 for any ore through it. Bertha doesn't like repeat customers."
The Big Bertha is a Reborn-tier upgrader. It was added in the Secret Update and is one of three (supposed to be four) secret reborn items that were added during this update. An Ore Cannon is the most popular way for the ore to be upgraded. For good aim, place the Big Bertha 6-7 units on the grid away from the ore cannon. However, the Newtonium Mine, 'Ol Faithful, Atomium Mine, Twitchite Mine, Yunium Mine, Superunobtainium Mine, Precursor Mine and the Boomite Mine (only 2 ores) can drop ore directly into the upgrader. Ore can only be upgraded once by it because it "doesn't like repeat customers," but would certainly work twice with a Tesla Resetter, and 3 times with The Ultimate Sacrifice.
- This item was community made by xxBurgerEAxx.
- Using any ore elevating item (Large Conveyor Ramp, Ore Hoister, or Ore Elevator) and an Ore Transistor, Alien Relic or a Diamond Egg can also be used as a method to get ores into the Big Bertha. This method is much more reliable than the ore cannon. However, this method should be used at the end of your setup to prevent clogs.
- An Atomium Mine or Breech Loader can easily clog up a Big Bertha due to their fast drop rate.
- There has been a lot of discussion whether or not this upgrader is better than the Overlord Device because the Big Bertha has a higher multiplier.
- You could be able to put the Ore Cannon right in front of this (so they are touching) and the ores could get to the Big Bertha. However, since the Ore Cannon was fixed, it launches a little bit further, making it's a lot more harder to do that.