The tier "Slipstream" is used to denote items obtained from Rebirth that are not Reborn-Proof but offer unique advantages for use. This tier was added in The Ultimate Update (03/08/2017) as an assist tool in reaching The Ultimate Sacrifice.
When rebirthing, players have a chance of obtaining a Slipstream. The chances scale across different areas of lives. From Life 2 to 500, the chances are greater the higher life you are. From Life 500 to 1000, you have a 1/2 chance of obtaining a Slipstream. From Life 1000 onwards, you have a 1/5 chance to obtain a Slipstream item.
The area of progress in which players are eligible to obtain a Slipstream has widened as upgrades progressed. Initially, players start obtaining Slipstreams at Life 100 to 1000, but the Slipstream Mini-Patch (03/11/2017) extended the area downwards to Life 2. For over a year, it would remain that way until The Gargantuan Update (06/11/2018), which changes Slipstreams so that players at any life can obtain them.
Table of Slipstream Items
|Item Name||Effects||Date Added|
|The Great Parasite||Processes ore based on how much ore the server is processing at the moment. Randomly increases or decreases its multiplier.||The Ultimate Update (03/08/2017)|
|Remote Octagnium Mine||An eight-spouted dropper which produces ore worth $10T to $80T depending on spout.|
|Incendium Mine||Produces fireproof ores worth $400B to $4.5T. Doesn't work with cells.|
|Utopian Refiner||Multiplies ore value by x10.|
|Dystopian Refiner||Multiplies ore value depending on ores' effects. This does add $100 to lower-valued ores before applying its multiplier.|
|Nature's Enchantment||Simple furnace which processes ore at x150 its value.||Slipstream Mini-Patch (03/11/2017)|
|Burst Refiner||Usually this upgrades ore by x1.1, but every 11th ore gets upgraded by a whopping x55.|
|Ore Supernova||Multiplies all present ore on base by x5, then adds $1k to value. This takes the place of the Ore Pulsar when placed.|
|The Grand Prism||Multiplies ore value by x100. This is rarer than the other slipstreams.||The Second Sacrifice Update Summer Update 2017 Part II
Slipstream RNG (Random Number Generation)
In a nutshell what the code does above is that when you reach life 2 you have a 10% chance of obtaining a slipstream item and every life you go through, until life 1000. The chance of obtaining a slipstream item increases by 0.1% every rebirth.
- Slipsptream equals false before determining whether or not the user receives a slipstream item, if they do slipstream will be set to true
- This line checks if the user's life is less than or equal to 2 AND less than 1000, if that's not the case the user has a 0% chance of receiving a slipstream item
- It looks likes this line chooses either the number 1 or 1000 BUT it's actually choosing a number between 1 and 1000
- This line subtracts your life number from the number 1000 and sees if its less than the number generated. This means the higher your life (between 2 and 999), the higher chance you have of receiving a slipstream item.
- If you're life 2, 2 subtracted from 1000 is MORE THAN most numbers between 1 and 1000 meaning you will have a VERY SMALL chance of receiving a slipstream item
- If you're life 999, 1000 - 999 = 1 which is less than most numbers between 1 and 1000
If the random number between 1 and 1000 generated is more than your life number subtracted from 1000, you will receive a slipstream item.
- Searching "10" in the inventory tab will have the slipstream that you have in that current life, and the 100M Upgrader.
- Slipstreams can be sold for $690qd.