"A behemoth of a machine whose incredibly dense ores react strangely to pulsars." (CURRENT DESCRIPTION)
"A behemoth of a machine whose legendary ores react strangely to pulsars." (OLD DESCRIPTION)
The Gargantium Mine is an Enchanted-tier mine that fits its name. The item came out in the Gargantuan Update, the name being borrowed from the item. It is one of the two initial Enchanted-tier items to come with the update, the other being Angel's Blessing.
To even forge this item requires a heavy price. This is because the item requires Diamond Breech Loaders and Catalyzed Stars, which require you to have undergone The Ultimate Sacrifice. The ore value sits at an extremely high $10sx with the highest raw ore value in the game.
- Ore Pulsar multiplies ores by x50 (Rare-tier)
- Ore Quasar multiplies ore value by x100 (Vintage-tier)
- Ore Supernova multiplies ore value by x5000 (Slipstream-tier)
Upgrading ores with pulsars only work once, as using a pulsar twice with Gargantium ores will destroy them.
Since the ore initially has negative upgrades, the mine can be used with a cell furnace, even with a few upgrades.
- This was the first confirmed enchanted item in the game.
- On the stream that Berezaa was creating the recipe and the GUI for this item, the Shards of Life price was originally going to be 300 but rose to 600. It is said that someone had commented that "600 Shards is too easy for this mine" and thus made the amount 1000 Shards of Life.
- In a patch just after the Gargantuan Update, Berezaa buffed the Gargantium Mine's ores to have double the value (up to $10sx) and are much denser. The requirement was also changed to require 2 less Saturated Catalysts and Newtonium Excavators, now only requiring 3 of each instead of 5. This came at the cost of the Catalyzed Star and Diamond Breech Loader requirements going up by 2.
- Due to its high cost, most players who obtain this item will be looping star items. And because of this item's high density ores being unable to be launched by cannon, players will not be able to benefit from Neutron Star's extra upgrader. They can still use the ore's size to touch the bottom of Morning Star and Neutron Star's main upgrader parts, however, like with Newtonium Excavator.
- The high-density ores are also beneficial due to the fact that blaster explosions hardly move it, and their heaviness can allow them to be upgraded by the Ore Collider without being launched with great magnitude.
- The Gargantium Mine's ores are too small to hit the Neutron Star consistently. However, with a setup you can make the ores hit the Neutron Star with a good chance to hit the upgrader. An Ore Collider must be used with fast enough conveyors for the ores to be launched far enough.
- This mine's ore cannot go through the Nova Star, unless dropped directly above the mine.
- An unupgraded ore from this mine can unseal the weakened Crystal Shrine.