"A spooky upgrader that educates ores. It takes 5 seconds for ores to learn to become better, gaining a x5 boost. If their education is interrupted they are destroyed. Ores can normally be educated once."
The Ore Illuminator is a Reborn-tier upgrader. It was released on August 16, 2015, aka the Combat Update. The Ore Illuminator is very common among reborn setups and can only be used once, twice with a Tesla Resetter, allowing ores' values to be multiplied by 25 Times, only counting the 2 Illuminators and the Tesla Resetter.
Ores cannot be upgraded again by any upgrader for 5 seconds, or they will be destroyed. The x5 Value will apply to the Ore after 5 seconds it has been upgraded by the Illuminator. There are a few different ways players work around this situation:
- Putting 6-7 Conveyor Ramps after the Ore Illuminator.
- Putting a Large Conveyor Ramp with an Ore Replicator, then three Conveyor Ramps after that.
- You could also use a Reversible Conveyor to stop the ore. Make sure that there is a conveyor slowing the ore down before the Reversible conveyor, or else there's a chance that ores would pass through the Reversible Conveyor.
- You might also put a dense, wavy path of Tiny Conveyors, with Conveyors that slow the ores down before the wavy path (Conveyor Ramps, Digital Ore Cleaners, etc.). This method is compact, but is quite complicated to build and it requires Tiny Conveyors, meaning that it cannot be used for buffering ore on getting Billions and below.
- Putting Ore Gate after the Illuminator, block the ore for 5 seconds before opening the gate. This is by far the most space-saving and simplest method.
- The Timed Ore Gate could be set to five seconds and put after the Illuminator to save all ores, although this may have profound implications for your Ore Limit.
- Putting the Illuminator before a furnace will not upgrade ore unless 5 seconds has passed from the point the ore got upgraded by it.
- This upgrader references the dank Illuminati meme. It adds Illuminati particles to an ore and its upgrader's shape is in the form of a triangle.
- When this upgrader was very new, a majority of people thought this upgrader adds 500N without a limit, this was disproven as they all found out it multiplies ore value by 5.