"Spring is coming! Your little bee friends are buzzing about again, upgrading any ore they see by increasing and then tripling its value! Bees can only upgrade once. April 2016 exclusive."
The Beehive is an Exotic-tier upgrader. It was added on April 7th, 2016. It requires a Large Conveyor Ramp (or similar) to get ore into the upgrader. It's best to place this upgrader in the beginning of a setup as the extra $10,000 can lead to slightly higher ore value when multiplied by other upgraders.
- This item was an Exotic item exclusive to Spring. The item was retired on May 5th, 2016.
- It returned as an Exotic for the Ultimate Update, along with receiving a small buff. The buff raised this item's multiplier to 3.5x.
- This item was originally called "Honeycomb Upgrader" and was a submission.
- The Beehive is the first exotic to be removed from boxes and coming back to be unboxed again, the second being the Equinox.
- This is only Exotic to come back after it being retired with the exception of the Exotic Day.
- The Beehive is the first way-up high Exotic upgrader, with the second being Winterheart.
- Because it does $10K then x3.5, coal ore can be worth $35K if it has been passed through.
- Ever since the Ultimate Update, the description is invalid, since the item has been available in 2 time periods.
- This is one of the few conveyors/upgraders with a different conveyor texture (this one is like honey).
- This item along with Equinox are the longest-surviving exotics that ever appeared in boxes, first appearing in March 8th 2017 (not counting Twitch exotics).