Hiding in the midst of the islands is the Crate Merchant, giving out free boxes everyday to players.
The Crate Merchant, sometimes referred to as Spook McDooks, is a newly introduced NPC in the Summer Update. Clicking on him will award the player one of five Mystery Boxes (Regular, Unreal, Inferno, Red-Banded, or Luxury). The Crate Dealer can only award one crate a day and trying to get more than one will trigger a random dialogue (refer to the infobox).
The Crate Merchant is found inside a Tunnel under the Map, accessible through a hole in the ceiling that's close to the Invisibility Cape.
- It is possible to get two boxes instead of one, by clicking on him quickly enough or by using an autoclicking software like Fast Clicker.
- However, this feature can't be done anymore
- This is the first time a 3D model of Mystery Boxes have been seen in Miner's Haven.
- The phrase "you're gonna get us popped" is a reference to the idea that giving mystery boxes to players is illegal and that the hidden NPC is risking getting caught.
- The phrase "ya like jazz? no? go away then" is a reference to the popular line and meme "Ya like jazz?" in the Bee Movie.
- The Crate Dealer's Model Name is Spook McDooks, OutOfOrderFoxy even shouts out the Miner's Haven wikia for having this information on June 9th (despite that he incorrectly refer to the Miner's Haven Wikia as a whole as forums)