"The Masked Man is a traveling merchant who appears on the weekend to sell his curious wares."
The Masked Man is the 4th merchant in Miner's Haven that sells items for a limited time and supply. He first appeared on May 6th, 2016, 12 A.M. with the release of the Outdoors Update. He can appear in one of the fifteen set locations on the map. He will be found in the same place across all servers during each appearance. His inventory refreshes at 11:15 AM EST.
The Masked Man sells Contraband, Luxury, Reborn, and Exotic-tier items. All Unobtanium Crystal items and some Research Points items are "Reborn-Proof". The Reborn items cost Shards.
To get reborn items from the Masked Man, you need to have Shards of Life that you can obtain by skipping lives.
On Black Friday 2017, once you gave the Masked Man's mask back by using code "asecretmask" with the Mysterious Mask model owned, you would receive 3 luxury boxes in exchange.
When using the Mysterious Teleporter during a weekday, you will be taken to a floating platform outside the map where you can interact with the Masked Man, prompting him to say "What are you doing here?" instead of opening his shop. The Innovator is also on this island, but he cannot be interacted with at all. This floating platform can alternatively be reached with several jetpacks.
|Item Name||Price||Tier||Reborn/Sacrifice Proof?|
|Telsa Resetter||10 Shards of Life||Reborn||Yes|
|Luxury Box||184 uC||Misc||Yes|
|Ancient Magic||1.76k uC||Exotic||Yes|
Masked Man Items
|Item Name||Price||Item Tier||Reborn/Sacrifice Proof?|
|Excalibur||888 to 2k uC||Exotic||Yes|
|Pirate Wall||8 uC to 30 uC||Contraband||Yes|
|Ore Tracker||3 Shards of Life||Contraband||Yes|
|Premium Tracker||32 uC to 70 uC||Contraband||Yes|
|Lunar Refiner||18.5K RP to 40K RP||Contraband||Yes|
|Diamond Falls||$1.70Qn to $3.00Qn||Contraband||No|
|Robotic Enhancer||$142B to $260B||Contraband||No|
|Ore Negator||55.5k RP to 150k RP||Contraband||Yes|
|Unstable Conveyor||1 Shard of Life||Contraband||Yes|
|Superunobtanium Mine||100 uC to 260 uC||Contraband||Yes|
|Chemical Refiner||57k RP to 100k RP||Contraband||No|
|Alien Relic||48k RP to 100k RP||Contraband||No|
|Triple Flood Light||19uC to 33uC||Contraband||Yes|
|THE UNDERTAKER||24uC to 34uC||Contraband||Yes|
|Tesla Resetter||10 Shards of Life||Reborn||Yes|
|Freon Sprayer||17uC to 46uC||Contraband||Yes|
|Unreal Box Bundle||R$75||Misc||Yes|
|Sword God Shrine||200 Shards of Life||Collectible||Yes|
|Ancient Magic||700 uC to 1.7k uC||Exotic||Yes|
|Molten Forge||39k RP to 52k RP||Contraband||Yes|
|Freon Bombarder||300 uC to 600 uC||Luxury||Yes|
|Glow Infuser||300 uC to 500 uC||Luxury||Yes|
|Icosahedron Flood Light||800 uC to 1k uC||Exotic||Yes|
|Spectral Box||20 Shards of Life||Misc||Yes|
|Luxury Box||170 uC to 350 uC||Misc||Yes|
|Pirate Cove||800 uC to 1.2k uC||Exotic||Yes|
|Base Materializer||500 uC to 1k uC||Luxury||Yes|
|Base Colorizer||430 uC||Luxury||Yes|
Not all of these prices are accurate.
Discontinued Masked Man items
These tend to be Exotic items as they're meant to be seasonal, yet not during a special event where as seasonal merchants such as Headless Santa would sell items.
|Item Name||Price||Reborn/Sacrifice Proof?|
|Wubium Mine||500-2k uC||Yes|
|Heavenly Wisp||1-2k uC||Yes|
|Spooky Box Bundle||R$75||Yes|
- The Masked Man was replaced by the Innovator for the Innovation Event but returned on March 23, 2017.
- Some players also call the Masked Man "Anonymous" because of his/her appearance with the mask, and because his/her true identity hasn't been revealed. He/she may also be a headless creature in disguise.
- If a private server is shut down by all players logging out, then reconnecting, the prices of the items being sold can change to lower or higher prices. This can be used to get good deals on certain items such as exotics or contraband items. However, if there is an Exotic, that spot may appear to be sold out.
- A tweet from berezaa suggested that the Masked Man is female. Whether this is a typo, a joke or a genuine fact is unknown. Berezaa later posted a forum post (forums are closed, this is a dead link) that refers to the Masked Man as both genders; suggesting that they may be gender-fluid, transgender, or this all could possibly just be a big joke.
- When Excalibur was removed from mystery boxes, it stayed in the Masked Man's inventory for a few months until it was removed from the inventory and discontinued.
- However, it returned back to his inventory.
- The Masked Man was a compromise to the scrapped idea of The Black Market.
- The suit that he is wearing is a very copied and reskinned shirt in the ROBLOX catalog.
- For a small period of time on March 23, 2017, the Masked Man was glitched under the map. This was fixed shortly after, however.
- Before The Ultimate Update, the Masked Man would spawn on random locations.
- In the Easter Event 2017, the Masked Man now switches inventories at 8AM EST and 8PM EST (12 hour intervals), due to the dropping of sales from Masked Man Inc. Before, it switched inventories solely at 8PM EST (24 hour intervals).
- In the Summer Update 2017, the Masked Man was accompanied by an ice cream truck. The Ice Cream Masked Man was meant to be a furnace, but it was later confirmed by berezaa that the truck will be the Masked Man.
- Berezaa explained that the backstory behind the appearance change is that the original Masked Man ran away being chased down by the Miner's Haven Police, and that the Ice Cream Vendor took his/her place.
- On Black Friday 2017, the Masked Man lost his mask due to all the scuffle. If one picks up the mask (represented as a free model, and those who were in Berezaa Games Discord were notified), then they could return it to the Masked Man and obtain rewards in exchange.
- If one were to open the mask model in Roblox Studio, a note can be located that reads: "PROPERTY OF THE MASKED MAN - RETURN IF FOUND 12/2/17".
- The Ice Cream Man is made by magicalsuperkirby, and was originally intended to be a cell furnace.
- As the update of 4/21/2018, the Masked Man was changed to sell Luxury-tier items.
- As of 4/22/2018, the Masked Man continues to wear a Santa Hat. He originally wore it during December 2017 and it hasn't been removed since.
- On Menu Refresh Update, the Masked Man can sell Reborn-tier items but cost Shards of Life as a new currency rather than cash, uC, RP or R$. Unstable Conveyor and Ore Tracker are also reborn proof and cost Shards.
- As of 5/4/2018, sometimes the restock timer for the masked man can be stuck, thus never restocking until a new server is made.
- On Summer Update 2018 (also known as the Gargantuan Update), the Masked Man sell Exotic Ore Nebula and Exotic Nebula Receiver. This combination called Nebula System as one item. The bug is players who bought the Nebula System did not receive it.
- As of 06/14/2018, the bug has been patched.